Summer Jobs Service
The Summer Jobs Service is provided by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities; it is delivered in Northern Ontario by MNDM.
For employers who hire summer students, the program provides a $2 per hour incentive, up to a maximum of $1,120 per position.
What the Program Offers
- an hourly wage subsidy of $2 for businesses and community organizations that employ students for the summer
- job and life skills for young people aged 15 to 30 in Northern Ontario
- the opportunity for employers to train a skilled workforce
- an easy on-line application process
- The application process for the 2013 Summer Jobs Service program is closed effective May 1, 2013.
Do You Have Questions?
Talk to one of our northern development professionals. They live and work in communities across Northern Ontario. They understand your needs.