First Impressions Community Exchange
The First Impressions Community Exchange (FICE) process helps communities learn about their strengths and weaknesses as seen through the eyes of first-time visitors. Volunteer "visitors" from two exchange communities do unannounced, incognito visits, record their observations and then provide constructive feedback. The knowledge gained through FICE can help communities identify areas for improvement in appearance, services and infrastructure.
What the Program Offers
- new perspectives on the community
- the ability to source new ideas
- helps identify the community's Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (a SWOT analysis)
- can be used to elaborate on a community action plan or strategic plan
- fosters community linkages
- Improving competitiveness
- can help improve business competitiveness
Northern communities that have participated in the FICE program include Wawa, Marathon, Parry Sound, Powassan, Sault Ste. Marie, North Bay and Central Manitoulin.
Do You Have Questions?
Talk to one of our northern development professionals. They live and work in communities across Northern Ontario. They understand your needs.